- Driving to Fronsac: an endless ribbon of orange on the skyline seen through rows of grey poplar trees.
- The arrivals and departures board at the station is computerized and silent now, no more clickclickclickclicking as trains move up the list.
- In a brasserie in Paris I wonder at the tourist woman who eats a meal with her hat on, all the while avoiding eye contact with her hard-faced companion.
- A conference of surgeons mills around during the coffee break; purposeful, grey and almost exclusively male.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
I don't seem to be very good at words at the moment. I have a long article to completely overhaul before the end of the month and spend long periods fiddling with chunks of text then drifting off, virtually, to look at something less taxing on my brain. I had thought that perhaps in 2012, instead of taking a photograph each day, I might offer up a snapshot in words. In the thirteen days that have already gone by, I have only come up with two. Perhaps it gets easier.
- Fine rain lit up by the lamp of a supermarket car-park; swirling and darting like a flock of starlings.
- As the yoga teacher talks, she rubs her eye, touches her cheek, runs her finger along her lip, pushes her hair behind her ear. Choreography.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
I started off 2011 intending to take a photo every day and I managed it ..... more or less. There are still a few photographs floating around that I've forgotten to add to the photoset below and a few days came and went without me noticing, and then some have been misnumbered. I've enjoyed looking back at them. 2011 was a good year!