Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rainy Sunday afternoon

It seems to have rained every single Sunday for months now. Today, we decided to go to the Christmas market on the Allées de Tourny. Christmas markets are crap, especially when they make your shoes muddy. So we did a quick detour into a big toy store, then back down to the quayside via the Foire d'Automne and its antique stalls, before walking over the bridge that Tadashi Kawamata designed for Evento, an arts festival in Bordeaux. It's made from windfall maritime pine. The authorities don't seem to be able to bring themselves to have it dismantled.


(All photos taken with my iPhone)

5 comments:

materfamilias said...

Seriously? You can take photos this great with your iPhone?! Suddenly I want one . . .

Mim said...

Lovely weathered wood!

deborah said...

The bridge cost a small fortune so maybe the people who decide these things think the longer it stays up the less its seems like a waste of money.

I guess I should walk across it at last instead of just cycling backwards and forwards underneath! I've seen some paintings recently where the most I could say was 'the frame is nice' ... For the bridge so far I have come up with ' the wood smells good' ...

Lucy said...

I'm glad you have crap Christmas markets - all scented candles, overpriced gingerbread and depressed looking Peruvians - and wet Sundays too.

The wood looks lovely, especially the middle one bottom row.

Delana@dujour said...

Wow! With an Iphone. Perhaps it's time to retire my Blackberry. Incredible photos. Bravo!

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...