Friday, January 13, 2012

Words don't come easy

I don't seem to be very good at words at the moment. I have a long article to completely overhaul before the end of the month and spend long periods fiddling with chunks of text then drifting off, virtually, to look at something less taxing on my brain. I had thought that perhaps in 2012, instead of taking a photograph each day, I might offer up a snapshot in words. In the thirteen days that have already gone by, I have only come up with two. Perhaps it gets easier.

  • Fine rain lit up by the lamp of a supermarket car-park; swirling and darting like a flock of starlings.
  • As the yoga teacher talks, she rubs her eye, touches her cheek, runs her finger along her lip, pushes her hair behind her ear. Choreography.

4 comments:

materfamilias said...

I've been thinking lately about how much I enjoy Twitter for the chance to offer brief posts -- sometimes wish I could gather a few of those together for a blog post.
Your images are quite lovely -- post when you can or we'd miss you, but everyone understands how busy it can be.

Heather said...

I think that this is a brilliant idea.

Happy new year

Lucy said...

They are lovely. Do a few more.

Lesley said...

Thanks Mater, Heather and Lucy.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...