Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sat Nam

I have had a really stressful week. No really, I have, I'll tell you all about it some time. This evening, then, I was more than ready for my yoga class. It's one of those kundalini classes where you do a bit of exercise, then a bit of relaxation and finally a bit of meditation. It goes without saying that the best bit by far is the relaxation phase when you get to lie down on your mat and pull a blanket over yourself for a full twenty minutes.

I have absolutely no difficulty in falling asleep in public places. I may spend half my nights tossing and turning, reading on the kindle app on my phone, falling asleep again, waking up again, staring at the ceiling, tweeting about staring at the ceiling, but when the yoga teacher puts on that sitar music and turns the lights down low I'm asleep within about five seconds. "Feel your whole body connect with the ground, feel your legs ....." he intones, and I'm in the land of nod before he even gets to our knees. It's a lovely, lovely sleep but it is over all too quickly and then the boring meditation bit begins with uncomfortable mudras and mantras that I just cannot get my head round.

The only problem with the relaxation phase is that I know that I snore. You're shocked, I know —how could a dainty thing like myself possibly snore? However, I am told on very good authority at home that I actually snore quite loudly, perhaps even very loudly. When the relaxation is over, I have a quick shifty to see if anyone on the mats around me is staring, but of course they're all too polite to do that. I suppose I could ask outright if I had been snoring, but what if they said yes and that the racket was actually quite unpleasant and distracting for them? I'd be far too embarrassed to ever go back. No, ignorance is bliss. Sat nam.

The beach at Cap-Ferret taken a couple of weekends ago.

4 comments:

materfamilias said...

Too funny! My mom was a very loud snorer and one of my sisters as well -- my sister was surprised and grateful, in fact, to wake up in the hospital the day after her c-section and find that the 4-person ward she'd been sharing was now hers alone. She was mortified, though, to find out that she'd got that privilege as one after the other of her roommates had rung for a nurse because they couldn't sleep. And my sister slept solidly through each one of their moves, snoring the while. . .
I have a very tough time falling asleep in other than a bed, and even then, prefer my own. But I do love Shavasana, the best part of yoga class! ;-)

joe said...


My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in France and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe Pinzone
Casting Producer
P: 212-231-7716
Skype: Joefromnyc

Rental apartments said...

Great post! such a nice information. Thanks and keep sharing.

CrownQQ Agen BandarQ said...

CrownQQ Agen DominoQQ BandarQ dan Domino99 Online Terbesar

Yuk Buruan ikutan bermain di website CrownQQ

Sekarang CROWNQQ Memiliki Game terbaru Dan Ternama loh...

9 permainan :
=> Poker
=> Bandar Poker
=> Domino99
=> BandarQ
=> AduQ
=> Sakong
=> Capsa Susun
=> Bandar 66
=> Perang Baccarat (NEW GAME)

=> Bonus Refferal 20%
=> Bonus Turn Over 0,5%
=> Minimal Depo 20.000
=> Minimal WD 20.000
=> 100% Member Asli
=> Pelayanan DP & WD 24 jam
=> Livechat Kami 24 Jam Online
=> Bisa Dimainkan Di Hp Android
=> Di Layani Dengan 5 Bank Terbaik
=> 1 User ID 9 Permainan Menarik

Ayo gabung sekarang juga hanya dengan
mengklick daftar crownqq

Link Resmi CrownQQ:
Idcrownqq,com
Idcrownqq,net
Idcrownqq,org
Idcrownqq,info

BACA JUGA BLOGSPORT KAMI:
Info CrownQQ
CrownQQWIN
Berita dan Info Dunia
Entertainmensartis

Info Lebih lanjut Kunjungi
WHATSAPP : +6287771354805
LINE : CS CROWNQQ
TELEGRAM : +855882357563

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...