I saw this on SaneScientist and he saw it on The Kaptain Kobold Blog
The idea is that I tell you ten things that I've done and that I don't think any of the people who read this blog will have done. If I'm wrong, you leave me a comment to correct me and I have to delete the item in question and add another one to replace it. It's taken me absolutely ages to think of these ten things and they become increasingly pathetic as the list goes on. Unfortunately, some of them come across as boastful because one tends not to mention the events in one's life that were excrutiatingly cringe-inducing (but I have anyway). Nevertheless, I think it might be a good way to get some of my students blogging interactively. Here we go:
1. I have lived on an island in the Inner Hebrides.
2. I have dislocated my knee on a hockey field and on a volleyball court.
3. I have been simultaneous interpreter for two ex-prime-ministers of France
4. I have had an extremely painful massage from a wrestler in a Turkish hammam.
5. I have been trekking in Nepal.... and developed a dental abcess half-way up a mountain.
6. I have tasted sanguette: that's blood poured straight into the frying pan from a chicken's severed neck.
7. I have been finalist in the Scottish schools public speaking contest.
8. I have driven 200 km on the motorway with one of those roofracky boxes on the wrong way round.
9. I have spent a night on a bench in Waterloo station because I missed my train.(Deleted: Alan Saunders did same in Euston)
10.I have been on a plane that returned to its point of departure because...the windscreen wipers weren't working.
11. I have seen the other side of the Lascaux 2 cave paintings (ie. raw fibreglass)