- Make a pot au feu and apple crumble for some friends who are staying with us. I've just realised that I added the bone marrow at the beginning of of the cuisson instead of the end. Oops. Hope it's edible.
- Decide if this is a good time to open that Chateau Brown 1995 which is burning a hole in the fridge (are we all too tired to appreciate it or would it waken us all up?)
- Work out when the very last posting day for Scotland is if pressies are to get there in time for Christmas (Monday?)
- Reserve a table at a special restaurant for tomorrow evening but La Cape, Le Vieux Bordeaux and Les Cinq Sens are all fully booked.
- Decide whether I should take another paracetamol before I feel feverish again.
- Answer several work-related e-mails that I missed this afternoon because I was Christmas shopping.
- Collate a mega smoked salmon order from friends and colleagues to send off to my brother for reception before Christmas.
- Decide whether or not to actually finish reading "The Devil Wears Prada". Is it worth it I ask myself.
- Decide whether to get a bog standard Christmas tree or a more expensive Nordmann which is supposed to keep its needles longer.
- Refrain from screaming at Z who has just broken one of my neklaces.
- Not thinking about how much it has just cost to have our second, clapped out old Renault 19 fixed.
- Resist blog reading.
- Oh, yes and attend to my neglected blog
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Tonight I'm simultaneously trying to