Thursday, December 08, 2005

Multitasking

Tonight I'm simultaneously trying to
  • Make a pot au feu and apple crumble for some friends who are staying with us. I've just realised that I added the bone marrow at the beginning of of the cuisson instead of the end. Oops. Hope it's edible.
  • Decide if this is a good time to open that Chateau Brown 1995 which is burning a hole in the fridge (are we all too tired to appreciate it or would it waken us all up?)
  • Work out when the very last posting day for Scotland is if pressies are to get there in time for Christmas (Monday?)
  • Reserve a table at a special restaurant for tomorrow evening but La Cape, Le Vieux Bordeaux and Les Cinq Sens are all fully booked.
  • Decide whether I should take another paracetamol before I feel feverish again.
  • Answer several work-related e-mails that I missed this afternoon because I was Christmas shopping.
  • Collate a mega smoked salmon order from friends and colleagues to send off to my brother for reception before Christmas.
  • Decide whether or not to actually finish reading "The Devil Wears Prada". Is it worth it I ask myself.
  • Decide whether to get a bog standard Christmas tree or a more expensive Nordmann which is supposed to keep its needles longer.
  • Refrain from screaming at Z who has just broken one of my neklaces.
  • Not thinking about how much it has just cost to have our second, clapped out old Renault 19 fixed.
  • Resist blog reading.
  • Oh, yes and attend to my neglected blog
Category:

11 comments:

Sarah Mackenzie said...

Sorry, I had to laugh. I don't know why as you sound as though you are up to your neck in it but it just happened.

A chuckle ;-)

with a sprinkling of sympathy too, of course

L'Oiseau said...

Where I can help - yes it is worth getting a Nordmann. I just finished decorating ours and it's wonderful. No needles fell even through the decorating process (which involved knocking the tree over at least twice). We did manage a jammy 10% discount because we live above the florist that's selling them.

Devil Wears Prada? Don't bother...

Lesley said...

Sarah: Yes, it's ridiculous. So many trivial tasks, so little time....

Oiseau: A Nordmann it is then

leon's life said...

We went for a cheaper tree bought at Ikea for 18 euros.(with a 17 euro voucher when you bring it back) it's 1½ meters high and hasn't lost any needles yet. We have done this for the past few years and their trees and very needle free.

I'd go for the cheaper one and save the money for sending the Renualt 19 to the doctors.Afterall a tree is only up for a few weeks !

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lesley said...

Oh no, just when I thought I'd sorted that one out. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

leon's life said...

Life is full of difficult decisions isn't it. The expensive tree and nothing the cheaper tree and a bottle of gin ( replace with the drink of your choice)

Does that make it any easier ?

Anonymous said...

Only a woman can do all of that at once..a man would simply self-combust...

Lesley said...

Come on men, defend yourselves! Or maybe no men actually read this blog (too busy unitasking)?

Anonymous said...

Would children mind if one didn't have a tree? There are so many everywhere else. I think Christmas ought to be phased out .....
Tell me about La Cape Lesley, could I take my father there?

Wendy, I don't think it is a gender thing, I self-combust everyday and my children are all grown up for goodness sake. I'm going to send Lesley a picture of the mess in this house to make you all feel good for the festive season

Lesley said...

La Cape is a fantastic restaurant in Cenon, Deborah: original, subtle, good value for money. The only snag is that it isn't open at the weekend and it's fully booked on a Friday evening until February. In the end we went to a Japanese restaurant, the Sho Gun. Nice but not what i'd been looking forward to.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...