Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Proust Questions

The Proust Questions
What is your most marked characteristic? Indecision
What do you consider your greatest achievement? My children
When and where were you happiest? Age 32, driving through Arizona
What is your greatest regret? Not saying goodbye to my father
What is your idea of perfect happiness? A roomful of friends
What is your most treasured possession? None
Where would you like to live? Santa Fe
What is your greatest fear? Death of a child
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Lack of patience
What is the trait you most deplore in others? Cruelty
What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Self denial
What is your greatest extravagance? My computer
What is your favorite journey? Along the rim of the Grand Canyon
What is it that you most dislike? Rats
What is the quality you most like in a man? Generosity
What is the quality you most like in a woman? Generosity
What do you most value in your friends? Confidence
If you were to come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? Cat
If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? A buzzard
How would you like to die? Well prepared, in my sleep, age 110.

5 comments:

aaron said...

A buzzard? Really?! They can certainly soar high and have a large wingspan. Their diet though....hmm...I don't know if I could get into to that. Then again, the diet of most Americans includes all kinds of dead meat, right?

Azzam said...

Dear Lesley,

I was going through my old postings and your comment made me think now here's a person I'd like to get to know.

The "Proust Questions" were great. I would love to use this in class. Where did you get it from?

It was neat when you said that your computer was your greatest extravagance. From looking at your postings, it seems that you do tinker quite a bit on the computer yet you seem pretty grounded about not letting this be your life.

While I'm taking this blog course, the computer has become my life :)

Thanks for letting me share this with you.
Azzam
http://azzambabble.blogspot.com

Bee said...

The Proust questions are wonderful, Lesley. I read some of the answers from your students (even commented on one of the blogs).
Could you post them to the wiki under Teaching ideas? They would fit perfectly there and as Azzam said, a great way to break the ice ;-)
I will use them in class as well.

Sarolta said...

Thanks for sharing these questions with us, Lesley. I'm going to use them in my class too.

ghkj said...

Today is the gold für wow second day of 2009 ,world of warcraft gold it also a mesos special for me .cheap wow gold Because i have cheap maplestory mesos a chance to go to an english speech of LiYang and crazy to learn english follow him . He is a firendly,kindly person who make me feel good.wow gold kaufen What‘s more ,maple story mesos he very confidence .And he make me sure what he can do i also can do,as long as i make a determination and force myself to do it every second,Crazy just like him .wow geld I learn one setence from his book ever :maple story items If you want to succeed always force yourself to do more .I can't agree more with him .wow gold farmen To be honest ,when i was a littel girl i already fall in love with english.But what a pity i am poor in english ,Maple Story Account and it make me feel frustrating .So i want to give up many times ,but i can't as i still love it .So i tell mysefl :if you think you can you can wow leveling,and all your maple story power leveling hard work will pay off.wow power leveling Today i am very happy i can listien this wonderful speech of LiYang. I reap a great benifits from him .maple story money As he say :i am the best ,and every one can do it . world of warcraft power leveling Yes,i belive i can do it if i crazy as he