Monday, April 10, 2006

It's a ho-ho-holiday

For some strange but wonderful reason, I’m on holiday, three days before P. and the children which is why you find me now, at 9H30 in the morning sipping a third cup of coffee in front of powerbookbaby, flitting from site to site in a euphoric state of indolence.

So it's going to be three days of idyllic freedom, if it wasn’t for having to take le boy to the school doctor for his pre-primary visit today slap in the middle of this afternoon. Oh, and having to nervously hang around the letter box just in case UPS delivers said boy’s passport. [Did I mention that major cockup in the Tunisia holiday plans? I only realised last week that his passport had run out and sent in an application to have it renewed last Tuesday, in other words very late (too late?) — so there is no guarantee that it will actually arrive before we fly on Friday. P. and I may end up drawing straws at the airport to see who gets to go.] There is also the small matter of finding a plumber to fix a radiator upstairs that inexplicably fell off the wall bending all the pipework while I just happened to be standing on it fixing a shutter. I also have to go to aquagym every single day in the desperate hope that a few hours of splashing around in the water will erase all signs of a winter of sloth. I also have to fit in a visit to the hairdresser, a run to the Secours Populaire, prepare a couple of classes for the first day back, buy a few t-shirts, do a bit of paintwork in the house, .

Right, time for another cup of coffee I think and perhaps a little daytime TV………

4 comments:

wendy said...

That sounds like a very very busy 3 days - not exactly a holiday!

I think my kids are the only ones in France not already on holiday - they are at school until the 20th and then have a 10 day break. But we have no Saturday school - thank goodness - I'd hate to have to get up early on a Sat.

deborah said...

I like that 'inexplicably' ...
and the word sloth is more for me than you Lesley!
Fingers crossed for passport

Lesley said...

Wendy: I think that's why my kids aren't on holiday yet: they're on "la semaine de 4 jours" too and I'm soooo glad that they don't have school on Saturday too.

Deborah: If the passport does arrive on time it will be in large part due to your speedy signature!

deborah said...

I keep worrying that the passport people have found something dodgy about me and they won't trust that signature ....