Sunday, February 13, 2005

End of Week 4

So what have I accomplished this week?
*I posted one of my own photos to this blog.
*I posted someone else's audio to this blog.
*I downloaded Audacity and recorded myself. Now, I just have to upload the recording to my ISP server. It's a pity there is no Flickr type site for sound bites.
*I created a new blog for my students to avoid confusion between different types of content.
And what have I not accomplished this week?
*I didn't record anything original
*I didn't do a collaborative task (I knew I just wouldn't have time this week)
*I'm still rubbing my nose on the outside of the brightly lit windows of Learning Times because of mac compatablity issues. This has been a major problem for me and has lead to a growing feeling of exclusion.
Apart from that, I have continued to learn loads and am still enjoying tweaking this blog. One of the main satisfactions is feedback through comments and I'm aware of this when I visit someone else's blog.

1 comment:

Nathan Lowell said...

I'm sorry I'm not the only one with issues on the LT environment.

If it's any consolation, even when I've managed to arrange things so I could get in there, the actual experience was so much less than it might have been.

A large part of this has to do with the mental models that people have of "online presentation" and the "lecture model." I said before (and will again) -- it's a waste of time and resource to get all those people in a synchronous environment so that one person can "speak"

In fairness to Learning Times, their tool does not *require* that, but it does encourage it.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...