• I hate getting electric shocks from newly installed kitchen appliances.
• I hate being so sweaty that bits of skin stick together.
• I hate having to close the shutters until at least 8 p.m.
• I hate it when the weather forecast says it’s going to be 39°C (102°F ) tomorrow
• I hate having to wear clothes to go out.
• I hate it when I’m so hot I don’t even feel hungry.
• I hate putting the children to bed in rooms that feel more like saunas.
• I hate still having workmen in the house.
• I hate it when I have to mark dozens of exam papers.
• I hate not having a swimming pool (and not being ridiculously rich).
• I hate having to spend 20 minutess of my Sunday morning in a check-out queue.
• I hate not living in a house traversed by sea breezes.
• I hate not being able to find an « I love … » item to finish this list off.
Category: summer
3 comments:
Luckily we escaped the heat of France and are snuggled up in quilts in the north west of Scotland! Here 17 degrees is considered to be verging on the tropical.
I think this is part of the problem: my internal thermostat is set for the Scottish weather of my childhood.
I love the light at dusk even with the heat because there is the sound of the house martins and the sight of the bats
Post a Comment