Sunday, June 26, 2005

Summer in the City

• I hate getting electric shocks from newly installed kitchen appliances.
• I hate being so sweaty that bits of skin stick together.
• I hate having to close the shutters until at least 8 p.m.
• I hate it when the weather forecast says it’s going to be 39°C (102°F ) tomorrow
• I hate having to wear clothes to go out.
• I hate it when I’m so hot I don’t even feel hungry.
• I hate putting the children to bed in rooms that feel more like saunas.
• I hate still having workmen in the house.
• I hate it when I have to mark dozens of exam papers.
• I hate not having a swimming pool (and not being ridiculously rich).
• I hate having to spend 20 minutess of my Sunday morning in a check-out queue.
• I hate not living in a house traversed by sea breezes.
• I hate not being able to find an « I love … » item to finish this list off.

Category:

3 comments:

Sarah Mackenzie said...

Luckily we escaped the heat of France and are snuggled up in quilts in the north west of Scotland! Here 17 degrees is considered to be verging on the tropical.

Lesley said...

I think this is part of the problem: my internal thermostat is set for the Scottish weather of my childhood.

Anonymous said...

I love the light at dusk even with the heat because there is the sound of the house martins and the sight of the bats

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...