Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Kirikou est vaillant


kirikou
Originally uploaded by Lezzles.
What was the first film you ever saw? For me it was "The Sound of Music", (then "Jungle Book" then "The King and I".) On Sunday we went to the cinema with Sarah, Guy and Kepler to see "Kirikou et les Betes Sauvages". I wonder if in x years time when Eloïse blogs (or vlogs?) about the first film she ever saw at the flicks, she'll think it was a good choice.
(The picture is Zachary's take on the storyline, and a pretty good summary it is.)

6 comments:

Sarah Mackenzie said...

Great picture, Zachary! I'm really impressed. And those fetishes look scary... J'ai peur!

A great first film, Eloise. You're lucky. My first was Bambi which I loved and which Kepler loves now. But Kirikou is way way cooler.

Anonymous said...

I think mine was the Sound of Music too. I remember it being very important and going on the train to Edinburgh or Dundee with my Granny and my mother.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...the first film I can remember was The Railway Children, then The Sound of Music.

Vlogs?

Lesley said...

What I don't understand is why he isn't asking Santa Claus for Kirikou stuff (there isn't any, I don't think) instead of Star Wars stuff.

Wendy: vlog = video blog, or maybe it's just blog in klingon.

Anonymous said...

How could parents take their children to see The sound of music?
just about the worst film in the world (ok the French film Un homme et une femme runs a close second)

Ms Mac said...

Mine was Mary Poppins. I remember being taken to see it with my cousins in Dunfermline. It must have been on a repeat screeining or something because actually, I'm not old enough to have seen it when it first arrived in the theatres.

Other vague memories of movie-going include Abba The Movie and Grease- Yeah!

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...