Sunday, September 11, 2005

Gender Genie

Does my voice sound husky to you? Do I talk like a man? Is my tone anything less than feminine? Have you ever been in any doubt as to my sex? No, no, no, I hear you cry. Well, not so the Gender Genie whose algorithms obviously have a major hormone problem. On the evidence of two recent blog posts which I fed into it in my usual womanly way, it concludes that there is a very high chance that I am male.

"Inspired by an article in The New York Times Magazine,
The Gender Genie
uses a simplified version of an algorithm developed by Moshe Koppel, Bar-Ilan University in Israel, and Shlomo Argamon, Illinois Institute of Technology, to predict the gender of an author"

Try it for yourselves, then reassure me (because we girls need lots of reassurance).

Via: Allan Jenkins

6 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Well, despite me pasting in text about snogging George Clooney, the Genie also predicted that I am a man!

Oh come on!

Anonymous said...

nah, they thought I was male as well....the funny thing is that according to their own stats, they're only right just over 50% of the time. So, actually they just say male for everyone?

Anonymous said...

Or one day every one is male and the next day female?
I am a male despite mentioning in my text that I had aching ovaries .... interesting.

Anonymous said...

but in fact they only add up little words so ...... anything else is of no importance

Lesley said...

Ouf, so it's not just me then.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I got 700 female/2122 male. Sorry, I seem to have spilled some testoserone in your blog.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...