Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Temptation

At last, I have at my disposal the whole fifth series of “Six Feet Under”. Don’t ask me how I got it because I would have to kill you if I told you. Suffice to say, it took a loooooong time. It’s now half past nine in the evening and P’s still at work. I reckon that if I started watching right now I could watch the entire series and still be at the fac for my first class at 10H15 tomorrow morning.
But if I did that I would not be able to :

• Clear up the dinner dishes
• Empty the washing machine (I know, I know, what exciting and debauched evenings I have)
• Put the monsters back in bed after their numerous incursions back downstairs (so they'd have to watch too)
• Mark the forty homework assignments my students expect to get back tomorrow morning
• Read and correct the English in an extremely boring, I mean important article for a medical journal (the one I promised to have done for the beginning of this week)
• Sleep
• Be in a fit state teach anything or even be seen before tomorrow evening

Right, maybe, just one episode then, after the correcting of course, and the other stuff will just have to wait.

Category:

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oh the temptation must have been great indeed.

I love Six Feet Under! But blimey, it got depressing for a while there!

leon's life said...

You should have got the kids to do the dishes and empty the machine on their way back to bed !!

Then started on the important stuff like watching the TV and sleeping !!

Anonymous said...

It's one of the finest TV programmes ever - I only saw the first series and will eventually get around to catching up with all the other series. For me, it will last long in memory for being the vehicle to have brought me the phrase 'fuck puppet' which really sums it all up.

Sarah Mackenzie said...

I think this, albeit fine, television series is getting in the way of your blog!

Lesley said...

Ms Mac: I know what you mean. I feel as if i've been waling around under a black cloud for the past couple of days.

Léon's Mum: Are you saying that this sort of thing is possible when they're Léon's age? Roll on the super sevens then.

Heather: Loads of great lines in this series too, especially from Claire.

Sarah: You are sooo right. That and a friend from Scotland staying for a few days. Tonight, I watch the last episode and then it's back to normal.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...